September 1, 2017 | 6:00pm
Fresh off a victory over Navy and win in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, Army opens the 2017 season at Michie Stadium against the Fordham Rams! Fans are encouraged to arrive early, ALL fans 16 and older must present a valid ID to enter West Point.
Fans attending the game WITHOUT an advance parking pass, must enter through Washington Gate (917 Washington Road. West Point, NY)
- WEATHER FORECAST: Partly Cloudy, High 68F, Winds NW. at 5 to 10 mph. 0% Chance of Rain. (Updated 8/30)
- PROMOTIONAL EVENTS:
Scout Sleepover | Youth Football Day
- DIVISION INSIGNIA: 3rd Infantry Division
- PARKING LOTS: Open at 12:00 pm - Gameday (non-reserved) general parking MUST enter through WASHINGTON GATE. See below for full parking information.
- TICKET WINDOWS OPEN: Day of game and the pre-paid ticket will call windows open at 3:30pm. The pre-paid ticket window is located at the ticket office at Gate 3 of Michie Stadium. This window is for fans that have purchased tickets within 10 days prior to the game, or have made other arrangements in advance.
- STADIUM GATES: Open at 4:00 pm.
- TRAFFIC UPDATES: Tune into 1260-AM WBNR and 1420-AM WLNA for West Point traffic updates every 30 minutes starting at 10:00 am.
- GUEST ASSIST: By using the Guest Assist Text System, you can ask questions about security, traffic, parking, guest service tent locations, and more. You can also report issues, concerns, and emergencies. Text the word KNIGHTS to 78247.
- TWITTER UPDATES: Follow @ArmyGameDay and @ArmyWP_Football on Twitter for live updates and information. This week's game hashtag is #FORDvsARMY.
- GAME NOTES - FORDHAM: Click Here
- 2017 MEDIA GUIDE: Click Here
- CAR TROUBLE?: Call Bosch’s Garage at 845-446-4520.
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- RADIO: WBNR 1260 AM (Beacon, N.Y.), 1420 AM WLNA (Peekskill, N.Y.) 570 AM (New York, N.Y.) SIRIUS Satellite Radio Sirius Channel: 81; XM Channel: 81; SIRIUS Internet Channel: 81. Tunein App (free) through Apple or Google.
Tweet of the Week
FORDHAM GAMEDAY SNAPCHAT GEOFILTER
Be on the lookout across post for our Snapchat gameday geofilter!
GAMEDAY EVENTS TIMELINE
- 3:00pm - CADET REVIEW: One of the time honored traditions of a West Point gameday, a full-dress cadet parade takes place on “The Plain” three hours prior to kickoff (weather permitting) for every home game.
- 3:00pm - BLACK KNIGHTS ALLEY OPENS: Black Knights Alley is the fan fest that runs along Mills Road, between Michie Stadium and Lusk Reservoir, featuring live music, inflatables for kids, food and beverage, face painting, interactive sports, tailgate show, and more.
Team's scheduled to appear: Hockey, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis & Sprint Football.
- 3:50pm - BLACK KNIGHTS WALK: The football players, Rabble Rousers, band and coaches will walk from Gate 3 of Michie Stadium down to the locker room. Line up along Black Knights Alley to cheer on the Black Knights as they enter the stadium for gameday.
- 5:35pm - CADET MARCH-ON/NATIONAL ANTHEM: Approximately 30 minutes before kickoff, a Cadet Regiment marches on the field, and a member of the Cadet Glee Club and the USMA Band performs the National Anthem.
- 5:45pm - PARACHUTE DEMONSTRATION: A fan favorite, look skyward as West Point Cadets jump from a helicopter and land minutes later on the field as they parachute in the official game ball approximately 15 minutes before kickoff (weather permitting).
- 6:04pm - KICKOFF: At 6:04 pm, the Black Knights open the 2017 season against the Rams!
HALFTIME: The West Point Band takes the field of Michie Stadium to perform.
The performance will begin with an original composition: William Tell Fanfare, followed by the iconic William Tell Overture. As the West Point Band performs these pieces, a video featuring the US Military Academy class of 2021 will be displayed for Michie Stadium. The show will continue with our national march, The Stars and Stripes Forever, and conclude with a preview of the West Point Band’s annual Labor Day Concert with a marching band rendition of 1812 Overture.
UPCOMING EVENTS on post
- AUGUST 30 | 6:00pm
"This Week in Army Football" Radio Show
- AUGUST 31 | 7:00pm
Women's Soccer vs. Sacred Heart
- September 1 | 12:30pm
Men's Soccer vs. Fairfield
- September 4 | 7:00pm
Men's Soccer vs. Fairleigh Dickinson
- September 5 | 7:00pm
Volleyball vs. Marist
- September 8 | TBD
Women's Rugby vs. AIC
- September 9 | 12:00pm
Football vs. Buffalo
- September 9 | 7:00pm
Men's Rugby vs. Buffalo
PARKING & SHUTTLES
Please enter the gate shown on your parking pass. Fans attending the game WITHOUT an advance parking pass, must enter through Washington Gate (917 Washington Road. West Point, NY). **Handicapped parking should enter through Stony Lonesome Gate. (Parking available in H Lot)
- 12:00pm - PARKING LOTS OPEN
- 1:30pm - SHUTTLE BUSSES START
- 4:00pm - STADIUM GATES OPEN
Parking Pass Gates to Enter:
- Green Passes: Enter Thayer Gate (674 Thayer Road. West Point, NY)
- Red Passes: Enter Stony Lonesome Gate (1 Stony Lonesome Road. West Point, NY)
- Blue Passes: Enter Washington Gate (917 Washington Road. West Point, NY)
- Gold Passes: Enter Washington Gate
- General Public (Day of Game Parking) should enter through Washington Gate.
Click Here For Additional Information on Parking and Shuttles
In order to increase safety and security measures. A bag policy for Michie Stadium is now in effect, mirroring policies enacted by the NFL and many other collegiate venues.
Items that will not be permitted include backpacks, luggage, oversized totes, coolers, briefcases, computers and computer bags.